Daniel L. McGarry grew up in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and received his Bachelor of Arts from Marquette University, and his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law.
Daniel L. McGarry’s practice is 75% litigation involving criminal and civil litigation. Daniel L. McGarry is licensed to practice in Minnesota and U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and strongly believes that each client’s case needs to be narrowly tailored to help the client achieve the client’s desired outcome.
Daniel McGarry works with each client to thoroughly investigate their case from the moment of contact until the case is resolved. Daniel McGarry represents criminal clients charged with a felony, gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor, or petty misdemeanor. Daniel McGarry protects and asserts a client’s rights and establishes defenses for any alleged criminal charges or behavior. Daniel McGarry can also negotiate with the police or prosecutors while a matter is still being investigated but not yet charged.
Daniel McGarry’s civil litigation cases involve personal injury, workers’ compensation, social security disability, real estate litigation, estate and probate litigation, commercial litigation, and family law.
Daniel L. McGarry previously worked as a Trust Account Executive at U.S. Bank National Association where he was responsible for fiduciary compliance and managing clients’ assets in irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, agency accounts, real estate and various types of retirement accounts. Daniel McGarry uses this unique experience to quickly spot issues and efficiently handle complex litigation cases involving estate litigation, probate litigation, commercial litigation, and real estate litigation.
Daniel McGarry is an active volunteer in the Twin Cities community. Daniel McGarry is on the Board of Directors of Friends of the Parks and Trails of Saint Paul and Ramsey County. Daniel McGarry has served as Legal Counsel and on the Board of Directors of the Saint Paul Jaycees Charitable Foundation, the Saint Paul Jaycees, and the Minnesota Jaycees. Daniel McGarry is a panel attorney with Criminal Defense Services in Ramsey County representing low income clients charged with misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor charges. Daniel McGarry has also volunteered for the Pro Se Project in U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2011
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2004
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- B.A. – 1993
- Major: History
- Minor: Mathematics
- Sample Trial Court Documents- Sample Verified Complaint, Section 4:30, Elements of Action, Minnesota Practice, West Publishing, 2010 to Present
- Liability Waivers, Minnesota Jaycees, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Attorney, 2004 – Present
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Attorney, 2004 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Bank National Association, Trust Account Executive, 1995 – 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, 2004 – Present
- Pro Se Project, U.S. Disrtict Court, District of Minnesota, 2012 – Present
- Criminal Defense Services
- Saint Paul Jaycees Charitable Foundation, Saint Paul Jaycees, Minnesota Jaycees
- Friends of the Parks and Trails of Saint Paul and Ramsey County